Saturday, July 4, 2009

Kiev Temple Damaged

We had a storm about a week ago and it also hit Kiev. It was raining and windy, thunder and lightening. The next day we received these picture from the Mission Office. The top one is the Mission Office and Chapel.
The side of the building which was wrapped up in metal.
It even blew this against the window of the Mission Office. I guess they came to work to see a big mess.
The steeple of the temple has lost about 4 levels. I suppose this will put the Dedication back a ways, but you never know, I think they were ahead of schedule away. You can go back on this blog where I posted it a couple of months ago and see the difference.

This video is in Lviv just behind our apartment building. We have to cross this road to get home. Elder Williams ventured across but I went to the left back up the street until I could find a place that it wasn't flooding which was a good block and a half, then crossed and walked around the block. We have really been having the storms lately just like home I hear.

5 Comments:

At July 6, 2009 at 4:24 PM , Blogger Connie said...

I just found your blog through one of the other missionary moms on ourldsfamily.com. It was so exciting to see that you are posting pictures and telling us about your experiences. My son Elder Christopher Gregoire is in some of those pictures and I know you are getting to know him quite well! I have added your blog site to my Google Reader so I can follow along with you. Hope you don't mind!! What a wonderful experience you are having!!!Greetings from a long way away in Maine!!! Give Christopher a big hug for me!!! Connie Gregoire

 
At July 11, 2009 at 1:40 PM , Blogger mrhislop said...

Thanks for this blog—especially the updates of the temple. I served in the Donetsk Mission from 2003-05. Let us know if the completion or dedication dates are set back because of that storm. - alwaysanaggie.blogspot.com

 
At July 23, 2009 at 7:24 AM , Blogger Jake and Annika said...

I served Donetske 89-00. Great blog. When is the dedication???

 
At July 23, 2009 at 2:46 PM , Blogger Brook & Travis said...

I was so excited to find your blog! I served in the Donetsk Mission 98-00 and my husband actually served in Lviv!! I remember those downpours! Thanks for the update on the temple, so exciting! Sorry to hear about all the damage though. Wish we could attend the dedication, will you be able to? Best wishes!

 
At July 23, 2009 at 5:43 PM , Blogger Wife said...

I served in the Kiev mission in 98 and 99, I am looking forward to the dedication, thanks for the update.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home