Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Couple Conference in Lviv

The morning of our Couples Conference we had a zone Conference. Thatcher's, one of the couples who are our good friends from Page, Utah came the day before and stayed with us. I was able to get her an appointment with my hairdresser, she even was able to get her nails done. They stayed with us the one night so we had to leave them to go for half of the day to this conference so she put the chicken oriental salad together for me to be used for the next day. I love meeting with these wonderful missionaries. They are so good and work so hard.
That night after supper, the couples conference began with introductions and we had a program. This is only some of them. Sister Olsen is playing the Bandura. She just bought it when she got here and is taking lessons, she does very well. President Steinagel is playing Sister Olsen's violin and I'm playing an old trainer one that I borrowed from Tatiana, a lady from our English class, who still won't listen to the lessons but reads the Liahona's in English and knows who our Prophet is.
Sister Steinagel is so accomplished, I love to hear her sing. She used to sing with the Young Ambassadors at BYU. She also served a mission in Argentina (I think). We had several other parts and they were so good. We just had a good time together and none of us worried about how bad we did. Elder Williams did the poem "The Touch of the Master's Hand"
This is quite the sculpturing on this building. You can click on it and see it better.
This was near by the statues of the man and the kerosene lamp. I think it must be a museum, check out the guy in blue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home