Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend

We were asked to go to a city which is located in the Southern part of our Mission called Chernivsi. There had to be a change in the Branch Presidency and Elder Williams was put in as Branch President. We left Sat. morning on a (fast) train which took us 6 1/2-7 hours to get there. We were able to have our own Koupa or compartment with a door and 4 bunks and a small table so we were comfortable. You have to learn to take books, scriptures and anything else to take up your time. We loved to look out over the fields as we went through the Villages and the fields, they were beautiful this time of the year.
The meeting went very well but he only has one councilor and he's a missionary. He was kept busy interviewing Presidencies and we spent time getting to know the members. There are some wonderful members there and we hope we can help this branch to grow. We will head back to Lviv and stay there during the week and then on Fri. head back to Chernivsi. We're not sure just what we'll do the whole time, what ever works I suppose. It was so nice, as one lady came in she had an arm full of beautiful lilacs and daffodils and she gave me the lilacs, so I found a clear colored pitcher in the kitchen and put them in it and then set them on the piano for Sacrament Mt. so everyone could enjoy them.

On Mon. we headed back and I'm still not use to reading these train tickets and so we had some time before our train left so we walked to a park and then I went shopping which I hardly never do because I never can find anything, but I found a pair of shoes and a skirt, I couldn't believe it. Usually they never have my size of shoe because it's small but they found one so I bought them. Elder Williams spent his time at the church while I shopped (not his thing to do) and the Missionaries came for a while to teach a lesson which didn't show up so it was fun to visit with them. This is there P-Day so they had lots. to do.
This is the Hotel we stayed at. It's called the Kaiser. It has a restaurant inside where we ate breakfast, but on good days I guess they feed you out here. It's beautiful with a water wheel and pond and in the upper right hand corner is a wind mill. Up at the top of the stairs are tables in these wooden patio things. The food was very good and the atmosphere was excellent.
It was a wonderful Mother's Day for me because before we left to come here all our kids were in St. George together and they called on Skype so I was able to see each one of them except Blair and 3- 4 son-in laws who were taking an early tee-time on the golf course. Hope you had fun guys, I'll catch you later. I sure hope all my daughters and daughter-in-laws had a good one also, in St. George.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home