Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Soccer game & Lunch

This is most of our group, two of the other girls were taking pictures. There were three investigators with us this day. Elder Williams didn't go because of his stomach so he told the Elders to take care of me and as we were walking back home, I was walking with Wenja arm in arm and a man came next to me and started walking with us and talking to us, of course I couldn't understand him but Wenja could. All of a sudden Elder Kauffman (two Elders to the right of me) and Elder Fulton came right back, Elder Kauffman took the man and talked to him and Elder Fulton walked with us. Boy, it was just like having two security guards by my side. He wanted to know how to get to America. This question is asked quite often.
Dried fish at the football game (as they call it). I guess they eat it with there drink.
This is the stairs going down from George's place, this is only the first level, there is another one. We had to climb up these. It's a lot worst then it looks. We did this before the football game and before we met the others.
Yes, these pictures got mixed up. On the left is Elder Swiss who just left yesterday (tranferred) to be A.P and had just got hit with a soccer ball at Sports Day that they had just had, he's o.k. now. George is the young man that invited us to lunch (down below). Wenjia (from China) Elders Kauffman, Fulton and Roman our branch mission leader, me Elder Perry and our investigator Roman, Marsha is a member but she is taking pictures also. This is before we go into the Soccer Park. This is the third time I have worn pants, twice for service projects and this time. We didn't want to stand out.
This is at George's apartment. There is a bunk bed at the left and I'm sitting on another one. That's how much room we had. I guess all you need is room in the heart. George is not a member but comes to English class and speaks very well. I think he's about 21 years old and he will graduate from the University in Dec. He always used to catch me at English and ask me the meanings of words. I know he has been taught some but probably not about coke. Two other Elders were invited but of course had to go to the Dr. to get his eye checked, it had red on the colored part of his eye.
Well, here is a video of our awesome event. It doesn't show how hot it was however. We were in the sun all the time. It didn't start until 5:00 p.m. but it was very hot and they took our water away from us before entering the gate. I guess because they wanted us to buy beer. I had candy and gum that I handed out to help with there thirst but I'm sure it didn't help. We did have a great time even if Lviv didn't win. It was 1 to 0 and the other teams name was Deneepro. It only costs us 5 grvn or ($1.00) to get in, maybe that's why we sat in the sun. One of our investigators got us the tickets. ENJOY!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home